Want to know if I’m the right freelance content writer for you?
When it comes to your content, you want to work smarter, not harder.
You’ve got a long to-do list and know that quality content takes time. Maybe you’re too close to your business and need an outside perspective. Or maybe you have some complex ideas that need breaking down for your audience.
So you’re looking for the right freelance content writer to help.
Someone that can quickly understand your business, think strategically, and find the right words for your business.
Hi, I’m Diana
I’m a freelance content writer who helps smart brands connect with their customers with clear, easy to understand, and engaging content.
Most of my adult work life has been spent in corporate offices doing a whole lot of different things in marketing and communications.
I’ve written countless pieces of content across all kinds of mediums, worked with every personality you can imagine, and simplified a lot of complex ideas – without losing the best parts.
And I’ve realised a few things along the way.
My words work for finance and business
If you’re in the business of helping people with their money or helping other businesses work smarter, I’m in.
Clear is better than clever
Long words, clunky sentences, and glazed over eyes are out. Easy to read, conversational, plain English copy is in.
I'm across the latest marketing trends
I spend time listening to podcasts, reading blogs, and doing the odd course. And use these insights in my writing.
The ‘why you should trust me’ credentials
- 14+ years of experience in marketing and communications.
- Financial services expertise (think Citibank, ING, Commonwealth Bank) along with local government and business services.
- A whole-of-business perspective gained from working in product, sales, marketing, and communications teams.
- Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing.
- ADMA Digital Marketing Certificate.
- Graduate of Kate Toon’s Recipe for SEO Success course.
- Member of The Clever Copywriting School where I keep my industry knowledge up-to-date and learn from the best copywriters around.
Professional doesn’t have to be boring
I know that finance and B2B content can get a bad rap. Often considered the stiff upper lip of the marketing world, all the fun stuff seems to be reserved for the Virgins, Netflixs and Go-tos of the world.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. Yes, the buying process takes longer, the investment larger, and stakes can be higher. And yet – it doesn’t take away the fact that you’re selling to people. And people respond to words and language that’s easy to read and relevant to them. Writing that’s clear, concise, and doesn’t sound like writing.
As a freelance content writer, I can work as an extension of your business and transform your content.
A few random facts about me
- Before working in professional corporate jobs, I manned the drive-thru at McDonald’s, scanned groceries at Woolworths, sold perfume at Myer, and took calls at a call centre. It helped shape invaluable skills and perspective I still carry today.
- I spent about 2 years (over a few trips) of my 20s travelling to 40-ish countries. It was amazing and eye-opening and life-changing. Highly recommend.
- I have two young kids who bring out all of life’s highs and lows and everything in between – all in one day. It’s still an adjustment, 5 years later 😉
- Some of my favourite things are good food, sunsets, books (historical fiction and personal development), and unsolicited hugs from my little people.
Think we could work well together?